Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm back! Let's Organize!

I have returned. A lot has happened. Sadie turned 1 (pictures are in the top left corner in a slideshow) Her party was a sucess despite a snowstorm and a cranky baby that didn't want everyone looking at her until halfway through the party. :) My silly girl. Sadie is also walking. She took her first steps on January 3, 2 days before her first birthday.

I have been home a lot lately (2 weeks of Christmas break and then 1 week of snow days) so I have been doing a lot of housework and organization.

Last night I cleaned our bathroom and bought all new rugs, shower curtain, toothbrush holder, etc. It gave it a good "new" look since our bathroom had looked the same for 3 years.

Today I organized the shelf in the laundry room. It inspired me to make a laundry schedule. Laundry is basically the bane of my existance. We are always drowning in clothes around here. I give bags and bags of it away on a yearly basis, and I still think I have too much. I spend my entire weekend doing laundry. I'm hoping this schedule will help so that I will be doing one smaller load every day. This way I will have time to put it away before bed and not get tired of doing it.

Here's our schedule:
Monday Brian’s clothes
Tuesday Tiffany’s clothes
Wednesday Sadie’s Clothes
Thursday Towels and washrags
Friday
Saturday Brian’s Work Clothes
Sunday All Bedding

I will update you to see if this is helping us in any way! I'm really hoping it will.
If anyone else has organizing tips of any kind please feel free to comment and share it!

The next endeavor I plan on tackling is the grocery list. Brian and I are in the middle of a massive lifestyle change with our jobs, eating, fitness, and whatnot (not to mention that we have a 1 year old). I realized yesterday that I still grocery shop like a single college student "Oh, this looks good" and not thinking whole meal and planning out things before I go.

I have also been inspired by my friend Candice to review all of our expenses and cut corners wherever possible. Candice and her husband have been doing this lately and I'm not sure the exact amount, but they seem to be saving TONS of money by doing this. I also want to learn to coupon, but it seems out of reach at the moment. I need to get some other things in line first!

No comments:

Post a Comment