I started back to work on Monday. I had a weird job, but I loved it! I subbed for a lady that teaches math to gifted middle school students. She had 1 class at Blackman Middle, 1 class at Siegel Middle, and 2 classes at Lascassas. I got a driving break to and from each school. The classes were small (largest had 12 students) and they were all well behaved kids. I left her a note asking her to request me next time. The day was just so awesome.
I am also starting to give hitting and utility lessons at Training Camp for Athletes. I met with the owner, and he seems like a nice guy. I am still waiting to hear back from him about pricing and whatnot, but he seems like he stays busy.
With that said, I'm trying to get my name out there for both jobs. I have never had to self promote, but these days I'm thinking that facebook is the best way so far. I'm also thinking about ordering some business cards, but that will have to wait til I get some money stashed.
But enough about me, let's talk about the star of the show:
I cannot believe how much she has grown! She is smiling, cooing, and on the verge of laughing. My heart soars when she smiles at me. It is the most amazing feeling in the world.
However, today was one of the toughest days ever! We had to go to the doctor for our 2 month checkup and our....2 month SHOTS. Holy moly. The whole body jerk, pouty lip, real tears...I almost lost it. I am SO glad that Brian went with us, I would have just bawled. To make matters worse, she was completely inconsolable from 12-7. At 7 I called the after hours nurse. She said that Sadie could take the higher dose of tylenol....oops. After that, all was well. At least I was under medicating and not over medicating!
Here are her current stats:
Weight: 12.0 lbs [75th %]
Height: 24.3 in [97th %]
Her weight puts her over to the higher level of meds and size 2 diapers! Slow down, sister!

No comments:
Post a Comment