
So, the "new baby" phase has worn off. I don't remember life before her. It feels natural to get little to no sleep, and I don't forget the baby related things that I have to do like I did before. I'm adjusting to her schedule, and we are starting to read each other. I can tell a hungry cry from a wet or tired cry. I can tell if she's about to spit up by looking at her facial expression before she burps. Its a good feeling. Sadie is starting to sleep better (knock on wood) so that is good too! She's gone from getting up 3 times a night to only once. She's also playing a lot more on her own. I think its because she is more aware of the world around her. She notices things, gets bored, and hates being in the same room for a long time. She will be 2 months old on March 5! I can't believe it. Some days it feels like it is dragging...and then some days I look at her and see how much she has grown!
We went to the doctor last week because her little nose was bloody. It turns out she has a cut inside her nose that is having a hard time healing. No worries. BUT the nurse weighed her and she weighs 10.5 lbs!! Thats a 3 pound gain in 6 weeks!
She has been drooling, eating her hands, and incredibly fussy at times. No fever, and no tummy troubles. I was stumped. Then I put my finger in her mouth....and felt 2 little teeth poking through her bottom gum! Poor baby can't have any medicine- not even orajel- until she's 4 months old. I feel so bad for her.
I am actively looking for jobs. I have applied 3 places, and one has gotten back to me....to tell me that I am "overqualified" for the position. Apparently I'm too awesome to work for them. Oh well. Work will have to start soon, we need my income!
No comments:
Post a Comment