Today was my second appointment. For some reason I was extremely nervous! I had an allergy appointment at 8:30 and it was over by 8:45. My other appointment was at 10:30 but they wanted me there 30 minutes early. So I didn't really have anywhere to go. I got there at 9:15 and got all of my lab work finished and signed some insurance papers by 10. Then they informed me that they were running a little behind on their appointments. (I wish they would have told me that a little behind was an hour and a half, but oh well) I finally got in to the nurse. I am 12 weeks on Friday, so I am done with the first trimester! I am proud to say that I only gained 3 pounds in my first trimester, and that my blood pressure is "amazingly good". :)
Then the doctor came in (love her!) she got me settled to check for the heartbeat. Then she says, "hmm...hmm...hello? baby...I've seen you so I know you're in there...." at this point my own heart stops and a million gazillion things go rushing through my head. Then the nurse rolls an old ultrasound machine in and when it turns on she says "ooh! ooh!" to which shocks me so I sit up a little. "No wonder I couldn't find a heartbeat- it keeps moving, you've got a little acrobat in there!" and I saw a baby....not an embryo or a fetus or whatever....a baby....doing flips inside of me! It was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen! I can't believe that I can't feel it yet.
So everything looks amazing and my next appointment is July 28! We will find out boy/girl at our August appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment