I heard that from the backseat on the way home tonight. Jessie has been a member of this family for 3 whole months now.

She goes everywhere with us. Sadie sleeps with a Jessie doll every night. She has a smaller one that she calls "Baby Jessie" that she plays with as well. Baby Jessie has a pull string and talks. Sadie has become accustomed to putting Baby Jessie in her "pocket" like this.

So when the kiddo announced that today was Jessie's birthday, I knew just what to do. We threw our girl Jessie a birthday party.
One thing that I learned tonight is that nothing is more precious and enjoyable than feeding your child's imagination and playing along. We had an amazing time. We got out her little play cake that lights up candles and sings "Happy Birthday", we got some mini cupcakes from target and put a candle in each one. (apparently Jessie is ewebenteen years old, so I thought two candles would suffice) Her eyes lit up when Jessie blew out the candles...wink wink.

Very cute! Happy Birthday Jessie! :)
ReplyDelete