Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vacation: A reflection


We are home and back from our first family vacation! We had an AMAZING trip! We had a 2 bedroom condo with a complete kitchen. My mom and I used my couponing skills and I bought everything we needed (except the meat) for 2 dinners while on vacation before the trip. We also bought muffin mix and cereals for breakfast. We did not buy one breakfast while we were there. We only ate dinner out 3 times, and lunch just once! That saved us a ton of money. My parents came down with us, but left 2 days before we did. That was nice, because we got to spend time with them, and we even got to go out for our anniversary while they watched Sadie. Then after they left, we had 2 days to do whatever we wanted, at our faster "Stanley" go go go pace. Our condo also had a washer and dryer, so we washed just about everything we had before we headed home, so I only had 2 loads of laundry to wash when we got home! The #1 life saver was our DVD player for the car. Sadie watched movies the WHOLE trip home and only whined a few times (when we needed to get out and stretch anyway). She is a true road warrior! We had so much fun and I am looking forward to another vacation, but right now its nice to be home!!


No comments:

Post a Comment